Berganti Bikes collects the following Personal Data about the Users of its Website:
When Users reserve a Berganti Bikes service, they should provide their first name, surname, nationality, ID or Passport number, electronic-mail address and telephone number. This information shall be used by Berganti Bikes to process the reservation and to contact the User in the event that there is any incident with regard to the reservation or if it is not possible to send an electronic confirmation of the reservation request. Users should also indicate the card payment modality to be used, along with the number and expiry data of the card to enable Berganti Bikes to process payment of the service. Berganti Bikes uses a safe payment gateway, which means that Berganti Bikes has no visibility with regard to the payment method data and may not store it.
Berganti Bikes keeps a log of any transactions made with Users.
Berganti Bikes collects the IP address when Users visit its Website. This data only identifies the User's ISP (Internet Service Provider) and contains no personal information about the User. Berganti Bikes uses this data to get more information about where the traffic on its Website comes from.
Unless indicated otherwise, the answers to questions about Personal Data are mandatory, and missing answers means that it will be impossible to provide the bike rental service or any other service available to Users in the Berganti Bikes website.
Furthermore, when a User participates in an online survey, they may be required to provide personal information, such as data about personal characteristics. The User is free to provide this data or not. The results of the survey will only be used to improve the features and use of the Berganti Bikes Website and for no other purpose.
The Users' Personal Data is included in a computer file of Personal Data created by Berganti Bikes under its own responsibility, with the aim of maintaining and managing the contractual relationship with the User, as well as any work on information and marketing of the bicycle rental service and other related activities.
If you also reserve a hotel with us during the rental process, Berganti Bikes will share your data with the hotel where you have made the reservation. To complete your reservation, we shall transfer the reservation data for the accommodation you have requested. This data shall include your name, contact details, payment details, the names of the people who are travelling with you and any preferences you have expressed when making the reservation. If you have any queries about your reservation, we shall contact the hotel management and ask them to deal with your query.
Berganti Bikes may also use User's electronic mail addresses that have been gathered to send marketing information via electronic mail or equivalent media to those Users that have given authorisation to do so when completing the forms included in the Website. Users may at any time withdraw their consent to receiving marketing information via electronic mail or other media.
In the event that the online reservation is not made effective, Berganti Bikes shall only keep the personal data given by Users expressly for sending marketing communications via electronic mail or any similar media, as long as said consent is not withdrawn, while the other data provided shall be cancelled as it is no longer valid for the purposes for which it was gathered, in accordance with the legislation currently in force on data protection.
Providers of third party services: we may use third party service providers to process your personal data on our behalf. This process is carried out for a number of reasons, such as to send marketing material. Third party service providers work under confidentiality clauses and they are not permitted to use your personal data for any other purpose.
Payment providers and (other) financial institutions: when a request is made to return a reservation, either by you or by the holder of the credit card used to make the reservation, we will have to share certain details with the payment services provider and with the financial institution to manage said return. We shall also share information with the relevant financial institutions if we consider it strictly necessary to detect or prevent fraud.
Competent authorities: we shall share your personal data with government agencies when required to do so by law or when it is strictly necessary to prevent, detect or take legal action with regard to criminal offences and fraud.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, considering that Berganti Bikes offers a range of services via its Website, Users should also carefully read the Terms and Conditions that apply to the requested services, so as to be aware at all times of the treatment your data receives in the event that said Terms and Conditions give provisions that are different from those established herein.
In any case, to exercise your rights to access, rectification, cancellation and opposition, please send an electronic mail letter to email@example.com or send a postal letter specifying the request with an attached photocopy of the National Identity Card or Passport of the interested party, to the address below: Avd. Bartolomé Riutort 57, Can Pastilla 07610.
Berganti Bikes undertakes to comply with its obligation of secrecy with regard to Personal Data and its duty to safeguard them and take the necessary measures required by the relevant legislation to prevent their unauthorised alteration, loss, treatment or access, in line at all times with the state of the art of the technology, such as the SSL security protocol.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as a payment card number) during any registration or reservation process, we codify the information using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We follow the generally accepted standards of the industry to protect information about personal identification and any personal data sent to us, both during transmission and after receiving it. No data transmission method on the Internet or electronic storage system is 100% secure. Therefore, although we make every effort to use commercially acceptable measures to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. For this reason we ask you not enter any credit card data in a field of our websites, unless the field is specially marked for this purpose.
1) Rental contract. The contract is entered into by Berganti Bikes (Berganti Sports SLU with VAT number B57695199) and you, who appears as the lessee of the material (bicycles, accessories, extras, etc.) in the rental contract.
2) It is expressly forbidden to sub-let Berganti Bikes to a third party unless this has been agreed in writing beforehand, i.e. with an agency agreement.
4) Documents required. When you collect the bicycle(s) and other material, you should present a valid and currently effective identity document. You can present your national identity card, foreign residency permit or passport. A driving licence or credit/debit card shall not under any circumstance be accepted as a valid ID document
You will also be asked to give details about your accommodation, name of hotel, address and room number.
5) Collection and return point. The bicycle(s) and other material shall be collected and returned at Berganti Bikes in Avd. Bartolomé Riutort 57 Can Pastilla, or at a place agreed between the parties.
6) The material. Berganti Bikes shall provide you with the bicycle(s) and other material (pedals, helmets, GPS, shoes, etc.) in perfect condition. You should return all the material in the same condition as they were when they were received, apart from habitual wear and tear (wheels, brakes, etc.).
When the bicycle(s) and other material are returned, the staff of Berganti Bikes shall check them to confirm their condition. If there are any breakages or damage, you are obliged to pay the recommended retail price plus labour to replace or repair each damaged part.
7) Rental period. You are responsible for the bicycle(s) and other material during the rental period.
8) Costs. You should pay the amount indicated in the rental contract. This sum shall be paid when the bicycle(s) and other material are collected. You are also obliged to pay any extension to the rental period. You will also have to pay the costs of any damage or theft that might occur.When you sign this rental contract, you accept that we shall charge your payment card for all the costs incurred during the rental period.
9) Use of the bicycles(s) and other material.
10) Accidents, theft and damage.
11) You hereby declare that you are in perfect health and that you know how to use the bicycle(s) and other rented material.
12) You hereby declare that you have not taken drugs, alcohol, dangerous medicines or other prohibited substances prior to renting the bicycle(s) and other material.
13) You must be of legal age (18) to enter into this contract. If you are underage, you must be accompanied by a person of legal age who should give their express authorisation.
14) You are responsible for taking out an insurance policy against any risks involved in using the bicycle(s). Berganti Bikes shall not be held liable under any circumstances for any accidents, injuries or deaths, or for any damage or injury caused to third parties. Berganti Bikes shall not be held liable for the loss of any personal items or for the theft of same that might take place during the rental period.
15) Applicable legislation. The application legislation governing the contract between you and Berganti Bikes is Spanish legislation and the place of jurisdiction is Palma.
1) Scope of our service. Our websites provide an online platform via which hotels can advertise their products and services for reservation, and where people who visit our website can make reservations. When a hotel room is reserved via Bergantibikes.com, a direct (legally binding) contractual relationship is established with the hotel where the reservation is made. From the moment you make your reservation, we act solely as intermediaries between you and the hotel, transmitting the reservation data and sending a confirmation e-mail in representation of the hotel.
When we provide our service, the information we show is based on the information given to us by the hotels. As such, the hotels have access to an extranet by which they are totally responsible for updating prices, availability and any other data that appears on our website. Although we make every effort to ensure that our Service is as precise as possible, we cannot verify or guarantee that all the information is exact, complete or correct. We may not be held responsible for any errors (such as manifest or spelling errors), interruptions (due to crashes (temporary and/or partial) of the server or to repairs, updates and maintenance of our website or to other reasons), imprecise, false or misleading information, or any lack of information. Each hotel is responsible at all times for the accuracy, exactness and correctness of the information (descriptive and referring to rates and availability) that appears on our website. Our website does not constitute nor should it be regarded as a recommendation or promotion of the quality, level of service, score or classification (by stars) of any hotel (or the facilities, surroundings, products or services) that are available.
When making a reservation with a hotel, you accept their conditions of cancellation and no show, along with the other additional terms conditions (delivery) of said hotel that might affect your reservation or stay. The services and/or products offered by the hotel are included here (consult the terms and conditions of delivery directly in said hotel). Bear in mind that some special rates and offers do not allow for changes or cancellations. In the event of a no-show (guest does not arrive) or cancellations with charges, the hotel may apply a tourism/municipal tax. Bear in mind that a reservation that requires payment of a deposit or advance payment (total or partial) may be cancelled (without the need of prior notice) at the time in which the (the other) amounts pending payment may not be fully charged on the relevant date, in accordance with the payment conditions of the hotel and the reservation conditions. The conditions of cancellation and advance payment may vary according to the type of room. Delays in payment, incorrect bank details, credit or debit card data, invalid credit or debit cards or cards with insufficient balance are your responsibility and you may not be refunded or reimbursed with the advance payment (in non-refundable accommodation) if any of the above circumstances arise, unless the hotel accepts it or permits it in its conditions of cancellation and payment (in advance).
If you are going to arrive late or with a delay on the day you check in to the hotel or if you arrive the following day, make sure to inform the hotel (quickly and in due time), so that they know when you arrive and so avoid any cancellation of your reservation or room or a surcharge for a no-show.
3) Liability release. In accordance with the limitations contained in the terms and conditions, and inasmuch as it is permitted by law, we shall only be held responsible for any direct damages that you suffer, pay or contract as a result of defects attributable to our obligations with regard to our services, up to the total amount of the cost of reservation, as indicated in the confirmation e-mail.
However, and inasmuch as it is permitted by law, neither we nor any of our directors, employees, representatives, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, distributors, affiliates, licensees, attorneys or other persons involved in the process of creation, sponsorship and promotion of the website and the contents of same shall be held liable for: (i) punitive, special, indirect or consequential damages, loss of production, profits, income, contracts, or any damages of clients or reputation and reduced demand; (ii) errors relating to the description of the information (including information about prices, availability and classifications) of the Supplier on our Platform; (iii) services provided or products offered by the Supplier or other business partners; (iv) damages or costs (direct, indirect, consequential or punitive) that you undergo, contract or pay, arising from or relating to use, non-availability or delay of our Platform; or (v) any type of damage (personal), death, damage to property or other damages, losses and costs (direct, indirect, consequential or punitive) that you undergo, contract or pay as a result of acts (legal), errors, infringement, negligence (evident), deliberate professional misconduct, omissions, breaches, misrepresentation, liability that is strictly non-contractual or (completely or partially) attributable to the Supplier or to other business partners (including any employees, directors, staff, attorneys, representatives or affiliated companies of same) whose products or services (directly or indirectly) are available, offered or promoted in or via our Platform, including any cancellation (partial), overbooking, strike, force majeure or other act that is beyond our control.
Both if the hotel has charged you for the room, product or service, or if we have facilitated payment of the price (of the room/reservation), you accept that the hotel is at all times responsible for collecting, withholding, issuing and paying the taxes for the total sum of the price (of the room/reservation) with regard to the appropriate tax agency. Bergantibikes.com is not responsible for issuing, withholding or paying the taxes on the price (of the room/reservation) to the appropriate tax agency. Bergantibikes.com does not operate as the official seller of any hotel product available on our website.